When creating a Ground Breaking event, it benefits to start your publicity early. An easy way to create buzz is to host the event at the beginning of your project.
1. Allow for 6-8 weeks to plan your Groundbreaking event. You should have a clear plan on logistics in order to tackle everything you need by the event date.
2. Plan the details such as tent, chairs, podium, sound, food/beverages, shovels, photography, and press.
3. Create a guest list and send out invitations 3-4 weeks prior to the event date. Invite company executives, government officials, prominent business people, and media outlet companies.
4. Invite people to speak at the ceremony. It should be someone that is familiar with the project and the benefits it will bring to your organization and the community.
5. Write a press release and distributing it soon after the ceremony. It is important to include a couple of pictures, and post it on your social media platforms in order to create buzz for your project.